Jack NicklausBorn: Jan. 21, 1940
all-time leader in major tournament wins with 20— including 6 Masters, 5 PGAs, 4 U.S. Opens and 3 British Opens; oldest player to win Masters (46 in 1986); PGA Player of Year 5 times (1967,72-73,75-76); named Golfer of the Century by PGA in 1988; 6-time Ryder Cup player and 2-time captain (1983,87); won NCAA title (1961) and 2 U.S. Amateurs (1959,61); 70 PGA Tour wins (2nd to Sam Snead's 81); fourth win in Tradition in 1996 gave him 8 majors on Senior PGA Tour; nicknamed “the Golden Bear.”
More on Jack Nicklaus from Infoplease:
- Nicklaus: meaning and definitions - Nicklaus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Golf: Records, Winners, Tournaments, & More - Find information about golf seasons, golf championships and tournaments, players, winners, records, timelines and more.
- Tom Watson - Watson, Tom Watson, Tom (Thomas Sturges Watson), 1949–, American golfer, b. Kansas City, Mo. ...
- Anaconda, city, United States - Anaconda Anaconda , city (1990 pop. 10,278), seat of Deer Lodge co., SW Mont.; inc. 1887. Marcus ...
- U.S. Open 2000 | Recap: Tiger Dominates the 100th Tournament - Storming the Beach: Tiger Dominates U.S. Open A recap of Tiger Woods' victory at the 100th U.S. ...