Byron NelsonBorn: Feb. 4, 1912
2-time winner of both Masters (1937,42) and PGA (1940,45); also U.S. Open champion in 1939; won 19 tournaments in 1945, including 11 in a row; also set all-time PGA stroke average with 68.33 strokes per round over 120 rounds in '45.Died: Sept. 26, 2006
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Byron Nelson from Infoplease:
- Byron Nelson - Nelson, Byron Nelson, Byron (John Byron Nelson, Jr.), 1912–2006, American golfer, b. Fort ...
- Byron Nelson - Byron Nelson Age: 94 professional golfer who won both the Masters and the PGA Championship twice. ...
- nelson: meaning and definitions - nelson: Definition and Pronunciation
- M - Q - M - Q Naguib Mahfouz Mako Arif Mardin Sophie Maslow Robert McCullough Robert McFerrin Sr. Darren ...
- Gene Sarazen - Gene Sarazen Age: 97 one of the most influential professional golfers of the 20th century who ...