Michael MoorerBorn: Nov. 12, 1967
became first left-hander to win heavyweight title when he scored majority decision over Evander Holyfield on Apr. 22, 1994; lost title to George Foreman on 10th round KO Nov. 5, 1994; won IBF belt in 1996, defended it twice before losing it to Holyfield on Nov. 8, 1997; pro record of 47–4 with 37 KOs.
More on Michael Moorer from Infoplease:
- George Foreman - Foreman, George Foreman, George, 1948–, American boxer, b. Marshall, Tex. A high school ...
- This Day in History: November 5 - November 5 Yesterday Tomorrow 1605 The Gunpowder Plot to blow up the English Parliament failed. ...
- Evander Holyfield - Holyfield, Evander Holyfield, Evander, 1962–, American boxer, b. Atmore, Ala. Favored to win ...
- George Foreman - Biography of George Foreman, Heavyweight boxing champ with a grill business
- January 10 Birthdays: George Foreman - January 10 birthdays: George Foreman, Donald Fagen, Rod Stewart, Shawn Colvin, John Root, Donald Knuth, Dame Barbara Hepworth, Robinson Jeffers