Christy MathewsonBorn: Aug. 12, 1880
won 22 or more games 12 straight years (1903-14); 373 career wins; pitched 3 shutouts in 1905 World Series.Died: Oct. 7, 1925
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Christy Mathewson from Infoplease:
- Mathewson: meaning and definitions - Mathewson: Definition and Pronunciation
- Christy Mathewson - Mathewson, Christy Mathewson, Christy (Christopher Mathewson), 1880–1925, American baseball ...
- This Day in History: January 29 - January 29 Yesterday Tomorrow 1802 John Beckley became the first Librarian of Congress. He was paid ...
- August 12 Birthdays: George IV - August 12 birthdays: George IV, George Hamilton, Erwin Schrödinger, Jacinto Benavente, Mary Roberts Rinehart, Cecil B. De Mille , Katharine Lee Bates, Cantinflas, Pete Sampras, Christy Mathewson
- No-Hit Games - No-Hit Games National League American League Nine innings or more, including perfect games, since ...