Alice MarbleBorn: Sept. 28, 1913
4-time U.S. champion (1936,38-40); won Wimbledon in 1939; swept U.S. singles, doubles and mixed doubles from 1938-40. Died: Dec. 13, 1990
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Alice Marble from Infoplease:
- marble: meaning and definitions - marble: Definition and Pronunciation
- Alice Marble - Marble, Alice Marble, Alice, 1913–90, American tennis player, b. Plumas co., Calif. She began ...
- September 28 Birthdays: Michelangelo Caravaggio - September 28 birthdays: Michelangelo Caravaggio, Marcello Mastroianni, Avery Brundage, Georges Clemenceau, Alice Marble, Ed Sullivan, Al Capp, Brigitte Bardot
- Top News Stories from 1939 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1939. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Singles—Women - Singles—Women NATIONAL 1887 Ellen F. Hansel 1888–89 Bertha Townsend 1890 Ellen C. ...