Don LarsenBorn: Aug. 7, 1929
NY Yankees hurler who pitched the only perfect game in World Series history— a 2-0 victory over Brooklyn in Game 5 of the 1956 Series (Oct. 8); Series MVP that year; had career record of 81-91 in 14 seasons with 6 clubs.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Don Larsen from Infoplease:
- This Day in History: October 8 - October 8 Yesterday Tomorrow 1869 The 14th president of the United States, Franklin Pierce, died in ...
- Pitching Perfection - Pitching Perfection Yankees' David Cone achieves a flawless game by Mike Morrison On Sunday, ...
- August 7 Birthdays: Ralph Johnson Bunche - August 7 birthdays: Ralph Johnson Bunche, Charlize Theron, Nathanael Greene, Don Larsen, Mata Hari, Louis Leakey, Paulina Wright Davis, Alonso de Ercilla y Zuniga
- Hank Soar - Hank Soar Age: 87 two-way back with the N.Y. Giants in the late 1930s and longtime baseball umpire; ...
- Ed Runge - Ed Runge Age: 87 American League umpire from 1954-70 and the father and grandfather of major league ...