Bobby JonesBorn: Mar. 17, 1902
Won U.S. and British Opens plus U.S. and British Amateurs in 1930 to become golf's only Grand Slam winner ever; from 1922-30, won 4 U.S. Opens, 5 U.S. Amateurs, 3 British Opens, and played in 6 Walker Cups; founded Masters tournament in 1934.Died: Dec. 18, 1971
More on Bobby Jones from Infoplease:
- Masters Preview 2001 - The first of the Professional Golf Association Tour's four major tournaments held annually, the Masters Tournament brings together the world's best golfers, making it the golf equivalent of baseball's All-Star Game and opening day wrapped into one.
- jones: meaning and definitions - jones: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bobby Jones - Jones, Bobby: Jones, Bobby: see Jones, Robert Tyre, Jr.
- Jack William Nicklaus - Nicklaus, Jack William Nicklaus, Jack William, 1940–, American golfer, b. Columbus, Ohio. He ...
- Jones, Robert Tyre, Jr. - Jones, Robert Tyre, Jr. Jones, Robert Tyre, Jr. (Bobby Jones), 1902–71, American golfer, b. ...