Helen JacobsBorn: Aug. 6, 1908
4-time winner of U.S. Championship (1932-35); Wimbledon winner in 1936; lost 4 Wimbledon finals to arch-rival Helen Wills Moody.Died: June 2, 1997
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Helen Jacobs from Infoplease:
- Jacobs: meaning and definitions - Jacobs: Definition and Pronunciation
- Top News Stories from 1936 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1936. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- August 6 Birthdays: Alfred Tennyson - August 6 birthdays: Alfred Tennyson, Robert Mitchum, Richard Hofstadter, Andy Warhol, Alexander Fleming, Helen Jacobs, Lucille Ball
- Doubles—Women - Doubles—Women NATIONAL 1924 G. W. Wightman–Helen Wills 1925 Mary K. Browne–Helen ...
- Singles—Women - Singles—Women NATIONAL 1887 Ellen F. Hansel 1888–89 Bertha Townsend 1890 Ellen C. ...