Joe JacksonBorn: July 16, 1887
hit .300 or better 11 times; nicknamed “Shoeless Joe”; career average of .356, third highest all-time; was placed on MLB's ineligible list in 1921 following the Black Sox scandal in which he and 7 teammates were accussed of fixing 1919 World Series. Died: Dec. 5, 1951
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Joe Jackson from Infoplease:
- Shoeless Joe Jackson - Jackson, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Shoeless Joe (Joseph Jefferson Jackson), 1887–1951, American ...
- Joe Jackson - Joe Jackson Night and Day II Sony Classical There's danger in trying to duplicate one's ...
- Joe Jackson - Joe Jackson musician Born: 8/11/1954 Birthplace: Burton-on-Trent, England Jackson taught himself to ...
- Black Sox scandal - Black Sox scandal Black Sox scandal, episode in which eight members of the Chicago White Sox, the ...
- July 16 Birthdays: Ginger Rogers - July 16 birthdays: Ginger Rogers,