Pancho GonzalesBorn: May 9, 1928
won consecutive U.S. Championships in 1947-48 before turning pro at 21; dominated pro tour from 1950-61; in 1969 at age 41, played longest Wimbledon match ever (5:12), beating Charlie Pasarell 22-24,1-6,16-14,6-3,11-9.Died: July 3, 1995
More on Pancho Gonzales from Infoplease:
- Gonzales: meaning and definitions - Gonzales: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pancho Gonzales - Gonzales, Pancho Gonzales, Pancho (Richard Alonzo Gonzales), 1928–95, American tennis player, ...
- Andre Agassi - Biography of Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf's husband, the tennis champ
- California - Information on California — map of California, economy, government, culture, flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- May 9 Birthdays: John Brown - May 9 birthdays: John Brown, Billy Joel, Albert Finney, Glenda Jackson, Belle Boyd,