Bobby FischerBorn: Mar. 9, 1943
at 15, became youngest international grandmaster in chess history; only American to hold world championship (1972-75); was stripped of title in 1975 after refusing to defend against Anatoly Karpov and became recluse; re-emerged to defeat old foe and former world champion Boris Spassky in 1992.Died: January 17, 2008
More on Bobby Fischer from Infoplease:
- Bobby Fischer, - Bobby Fischer, legendary chess champion, became an Icelandic citizen in March, when Parliament ...
- Fischer: meaning and definitions - Fischer: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bobby Fischer - Biography of Bobby Fischer, The American chess champ who beat Boris Spassky in 1972
- Bobby Fischer - Fischer, Bobby Fischer, Bobby (Robert James Fischer), 1943–2008, American chess player, b. ...
- Boris Spassky - Spassky, Boris Spassky, Boris, 1937–, Soviet chess champion. A child prodigy, he became an ...