Chris EvertBorn: Dec. 21, 1954
No.1 player in world 5 times (1975-77,80-81); won at least 1 Grand Slam singles title every year from 1974-86; 18 majors in all— 7 French, 6 U.S., 3 Wimbledon and 2 Australian; retired after 1989 season with 154 singles titles and $8,896,195 in career earnings.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Chris Evert from Infoplease:
- evert: meaning and definitions - evert: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chris Evert - Biography of Chris Evert, 1970s tennis champ dubbed "The Ice Maiden"
- Tracy Austin - Biography of Tracy Austin, The teen U.S. Open champ who beat Evert and Navratilova
- Martina Navratilova - Biography of Martina Navratilova, The tennis player who won a remarkable nine Wimbledon singles championships
- Billie Jean King - Biography of Billie Jean King, The tennis champ who won 39 Grand Slam titles