Leo DurocherBorn: July 27, 1905
managed in NL 24 years; won 2,015 games, including postseason; 3 pennants with Brooklyn (1941) and NY Giants (1951,54); won World Series in 1954.Died: Oct. 7, 1991
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Leo Durocher from Infoplease:
- July 27 Birthdays: Alexandre Dumas - July 27 birthdays: Alexandre Dumas, Norman Lear, Peggy Fleming, Bharati Mukherjee, Leo Durocher
- Clyde Sukeforth - Clyde Sukeforth Age: 98 Brooklyn Dodgers scout and manager who scouted and signed baseball's ...
- Top News Stories from 1991 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1991. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Other Playoffs - Other Playoffs Ten times since 1946, playoffs have been necessary to decide league or division ...
- 1951–1960 - 1951–1960 1951— New York A.L. 4 (Casey Stengel); New York N.L. 2 (Leo Durocher). ...