Gail DeversBorn: Nov. 19, 1966
Track & Field
won Olympic gold medal in 100 meters in 1992 and '96; world champion in 100 meters (1993) and 100-meter hurdles (1993,95,99); overcame thyroid disorder (Graves' disease) that sidelined her in 1989-90 and nearly resulted in having both feet amputated.
More on Gail Devers from Infoplease:
- Memorable Olympic Moments: Wilma Rudolph, Summer 1960 - Summer Olympics memorable moments of Michael Johnson
- Seattle, Wash. - Information on Seattle, Wash. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Summer Games Gold Medal Winners: 100-Meter Dash - Summer Games Gold Medal Winners: 100-Meter Dash 1928 Elizabeth Robinson, United States 12.20 1932 ...
- 100 meters - 100 meters Year Time 1928 Betty Robinson, USA 12.2 WR 1932 Stella Walsh, POL* 11.9 WR 1936 Helen ...
- WOMEN - WOMEN Event Time 100 meters Marion Jones, USA 11.00 400 meters Lorraine Graham, JAM 50.21 1500 ...