Ben CrenshawBorn: Jan. 11, 1952
co-NCAA champion with Tom Kite in 1972; battled Graves' disease in mid-1980s; 19 career Tour victories; won Masters for second time in 1995 and dedicated it to 90-year-old mentor Harvey Penick, who had died a week earlier; captain of 1999 Ryder Cup team.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Ben Crenshaw from Infoplease:
- Ryder Cup Preview - This Cup Runneth Over? U.S. Ryder Cup team faces a tough European challenge by Gerry Brown & ...
- Austin, Tex. - Information on Austin, Tex. — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Tom Kite - Tom Kite Born: Dec. 9, 1949 Golfer co-NCAA champion with Ben Crenshaw (1972); PGA Rookie of Year ...
- The Masters Tournament: golfing winners, scores, records - Find information about the winners of all the Masters Tournament, from 1934 to the current winner. Each winner's score is included.
- Rosters - Rosters The 1999 U.S. Ryder Cup Team was chosen on the basis of points compiled by the PGA of ...