Jimmy ConnorsBorn: Sept. 2, 1952
No.1 player in world 5 times (1974-78); won 5 U.S. Opens, 2 Wimbledons and 1 Australian; rose from No. 936 at the close of 1990 to U.S. Open semifinals in 1991 at age 39; NCAA singles champ (1971); all-time leader in pro singles titles (109) and matches won at U.S. Open (98) and Wimbledon (84).
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Jimmy Connors from Infoplease:
- Connors: meaning and definitions - Connors: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jimmy Connors - Connors, Jimmy Connors, Jimmy (James Scott Connors, Jr.), 1952–, American tennis player, b. ...
- Ivan Lendl - Lendl, Ivan Lendl, Ivan , 1960–, Czech-American tennis player. After leading Czechoslovakia ...
- This Day in History: July 5 - July 5 Yesterday Tomorrow 1811 Venezuela became the first South American country to declare ...
- Wimbledon 1998 - Wimbledon Preview by John Gettings From the Spotlight Archive: This feature appeared in June 1998 ...