Maureen ConnollyBorn: Sept. 17, 1934
in 1953 1st woman to win Grand Slam (at age 18); riding accident ended her career in '54; won both Wimbledon and U.S. titles 3 times (1951-53); 3-time AP Female Athlete of Year (1951-53).Died: June 21, 1969
More on Maureen Connolly from Infoplease:
- Connolly: meaning and definitions - Connolly: Definition and Pronunciation
- Maureen Connolly - Connolly, Maureen Connolly, Maureen, 1934–69, American tennis player, b. San Diego, Calif. ...
- Margaret Smith Court - Court, Margaret Smith Court, Margaret Smith, 1942–, Australian tennis player. Playing tennis ...
- Margaret Smith Court - Biography of Margaret Smith Court, Australian winner of the 1970 women's Grand Slam
- Timeline: Women in Sports - From Mt. Olympus to Cooperstown, N.Y.