Don BudgeBorn: June 13, 1915
in 1938 became 1st player to win the Grand Slam— the French, Wimbledon, U.S. and Australian titles in 1 year; led U.S. to 2 Davis Cups (1937-38); turned pro in late '38.Died: Jan. 26, 2000
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Don Budge from Infoplease:
- Don Budge - Don Budge Age: 84 tennis champion who used his attacking backhand stroke to sweep all four major ...
- budge: meaning and definitions - budge: Definition and Pronunciation
- Don Budge - Budge, Don Budge, Don (John Donald Budge), 1915–2000, American tennis player, b. Oakland, ...
- Rod Laver - Laver, Rod Laver, Rod (Rodney George Laver), 1938–, Australian tennis player. He left school ...
- A - G - A - G Sid Abel Gary Adams Nat Adderley Carl Bert Albert Steve Allen Forrest (Forddy) Anderson ...