Red AuerbachBorn: Sept. 20, 1917
4th winningest coach (regular season and playoffs) in NBA history; won 1,037 times in 20 years; as coach-GM, led Boston to 9 NBA titles, including 8 in a row (1959-66); also coached defunct Washington Capitols (1946-49); NBA Coach of the Year award named after him; retired as Celtics coach in 1966 and as GM in '84; club president from 1970 to 1997 and then again from 2001 until his death in 2006.Died: Oct. 28, 2006
More on Red Auerbach from Infoplease:
- Red Auerbach - Auerbach, Red Auerbach, Red (Arnold Jacob Auerbach), 1917–2006, American basketball coach and ...
- Auerbach: meaning and definitions - Auerbach: Definition and Pronunciation
- Red Auerbach - Red Auerbach Age: 89 voted the greatest coach in N.B.A. history by the Professional Basketball ...
- A - F - A - F June Allyson Robert Altman R. W. Apple, Jr., Paul Arizin Lillian Gertrud Asplund Heinz ...
- September 20 Birthdays: Upton Sinclair - September 20 birthdays: Upton Sinclair, Guy Lafleur, Red Auerbach, Sophia Loren, Sir James Dewar , Herbert Putnam, Dr. Joyce Brothers