The NFL does not sanction any of the major postseason awards for player and coaches, but many are given out. Among the presenters for the 1996 regular season were AP, UPI, The Maxwell Football Club of Philadelphia, The Sporting News and the Pro Football Writers of America. Conference Most Valuable Player awards were also issued by the NFL Players Association.
Most Valuable Player
|NFL||Brett Favre, Green Bay, QB||AP, PFWA, Max, TSN|
|AFC||John Elway, Denver, QB||NFLPA|
Offensive Players of the Year
|NFL||Brett Favre, Green Bay, QB||PFWA|
| ||Terrell Davis, Denver, RB||AP|
Defensive Players of the Year
|NFL||Bruce Smith, Buffalo, DE||AP, PFWA|
|NFC||Kevin Green, Carolina, LB||UPI|
Rookies of the Year
|NFL||Eddie George, Houston, RB||TSN PFWA|
|AFC||Terry Glenn, New England, WR||UPI|
|NFC||Simeon Rice, Arizona, DE||UPI|
Coaches of the Year
|NFL||Dom Capers, Carolina||AP, PFWA, Max, TSN|
|AFC||Tom Couglin, Jacksonville||UPI|
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Annual Awards from Infoplease:
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Players of the Year Wooden Award Voting Defensive Player of the Year Coaches of the ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Players of the Year Coaches of the Year Consensus All-America Team Information ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Player of the Year Tommy Maddox, Los Angeles, QB Offensive Player of the Year John ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Most Valuable Player Cy Young Award Rookie of the Year Manager of the Year ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Men Women Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring