Player of the Year
|Tim Duncan, Wake Forest||AP, Naismith, Wooden, NABC, TSN, USBWA|
Wooden Award Voting
Presented since 1977 by the Los Angeles Athletic Club and named after the former Purdue All-America and UCLA coach John Wooden. Voting done by 984-member panel of national media; candidates must have a cumulative college grade point average of 2.0 (out of 4.0).
| || ||Cl||Pos||Pts|
|1||Tim Duncan, Wake Forest||Sr.||C||4764|
|2||Keith Van Horn, Utah||Sr.||F||4017|
|3||Raef LaFrentz, Kansas||Jr.||F||2870|
|4||Ron Mercer, Kentucky||So.||F||2840|
|5||Jacque Vaughn, Kansas||Sr.||G||1956|
|6||Brevin Knight, Stanford||Sr.||G||1787|
|7||Danny Fortson, Cincinnati||Jr.||F||1773|
|8||Antawn Jamison, North Carolina||So.||F||1552|
|9||Bobby Jackson, Minnesota||Sr.||G||1431|
|10||Charles O'Bannon, UCLA||Sr.||F||1030|
Defensive Player of the Year
The Henry Iba Award, for defensive skills, sportsmanship and dedication; first presented by the Rotary Club of River Oaks in Houston in 1987 and named after the late Oklahoma St. and U.S. Olympic team coach. Voting done by NABC.
Tim Duncan, Wake Forest, C
Coaches of the Year
|Clem Haskins, Minnesota||AP, NABC, USBWA|
|Roy Williams, Kansas||Naismith, TSN|
More on Annual Awards from Infoplease:
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Players of the Year Wooden Award Voting Defensive Player of the Year Coaches of the ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Players of the Year Coaches of the Year Consensus All-America Team Information ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Player of the Year Tommy Maddox, Los Angeles, QB Offensive Player of the Year John ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Most Valuable Player Cy Young Award Rookie of the Year Manager of the Year ...
- Annual Awards - Annual Awards Men Women Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All ...