Berenice Abbott photographed artists and writers in Paris in the 1920s and brought her craft back to her native New York in the 1930s. Her images of New York street life, from grocery stores to fish markets to subways, are among her best loved.Died: 1991
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Berenice Abbott from Infoplease:
- Berenice Abbott - Abbott, Berenice Abbott, Berenice , 1898–1991, American photographer, b. Springfield, Ohio. ...
- Abbott: meaning and definitions - Abbott: Definition and Pronunciation
- Eugène Atget - Atget, Eugène Atget, Eugène , 1857–1927, French photographer. After working as ...
- still photography: The Aesthetics of Photography - The Aesthetics of Photography Seeking to determine the particular aesthetics of photography, the ...
- portraiture: Photographic Portraiture - Photographic Portraiture The miniature portrait had retained its popularity with all social classes ...