Andrew MotionBritish poet, biographer, and novelist
Motion was named Poet Laureate of England in 1999 and has worked to popularize poetry, especially among students. His insightful poems explore themes of loss and desolation. His collections include The Pleasure Steamers (1978), Natural Causes (1987), and Salt Water (1997). He has written biographies of Philip Larkin and John Keats. His novels include The Pale Companion (1989).
Motion earned his BA and MA from University College, Oxford.
More on Andrew Motion from Infoplease:
- Andrew Motion - Andrew Motion is named England's poet laureate in May, replacing Ted Hughes, who died in ...
- Poets Laureate of the United Kingdom - Find a list of all the the Poets Laureate of the United Kingdom, from 1591 to the present.
- 1999 People in the News - 1999 People in the News King Abdullah II, Nathaniel Abraham, Andre Agassi, Martti Ahtisaari, Lamar ...
- May 2009 Current Events: World News - Current events from around the world for the month of May 2009, including Guantanamo Bay, Iraq, Afghanistan, Nicholas Sarkozy, and Barack Obama.
- This Day in History: May 1 - May 1 Yesterday Tomorrow 1707 The Act of Union joined England and Scotland to form Great Britain. ...