Jay Livingstonpop composer and lyricist
Birthplace: McDonald, Pennsylvania
pop composer and lyricist who, with Ray Evans, scored more than 80 films and won three Best Song Oscars for “Que Sera Sera,” “Buttons and Bows,” and “Mona Lisa.” Livingston also penned the perennial hit “Silver Bells,” which he originally titled “Twinkle Bells.” He referred to the recording, which has sold more than 140 copies, as the “annuity.”Died: Los Angeles, 10/17/2001
More on Jay Livingston from Infoplease:
- Jay Livingston - Jay Livingston Age: 86 pop composer and lyricist who, with Ray Evans, scored more than 80 films and ...
- Ray Evans - Biography of Ray Evans, Evans, who won three Oscars, collaborated with Jay Livingston to write a number of hits, such as “Silver Bells,” “Mona Lisa,” and “Que Sera,…
- G - L - G - L Milton Gabler Gunther Gebel-Williams Marty Glickman Boris Goldovsky E. H. Gombrich Theodore ...
- Mona Lisa - Biography of Mona Lisa, Famous portrait by Leonardo da Vinci
- 1948 Academy Awards - 1948 Academy Awards The 1948 Academy Awards were presented March 24, 1949 at the AMPAS Theatre, Los ...