Fuller co-founded the Afro-American Arts Theatre in Philadelphia, his hometown, in 1967. The Perfect Party (1969) was the first of Fuller's plays to receive critical acclaim. Zooman and the Sign won an Obie Award in 1980. A Soldier's Play, about a murder on a Louisiana military base, won the 1982 Pulitzer Prize for Drama. It was adapted into a film, A Soldier's Story, in 1984.
More on Charles Fuller from Infoplease:
- John Frederick Charles Fuller - Fuller, John Frederick Charles Fuller, John Frederick Charles, 1878–1966, British soldier. In ...
- 1980–1981 Obie Awards - 1980–1981 Obie Awards Best New American Play David Henry Hwang, FOB Best Production Emily ...
- Pulitzer Prizes in Drama - Pulitzer Prizes in Drama (For years not listed, no award was made.) 1918 Why Marry?, Jesse Lynch ...
- Top News Stories from 1982 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1982. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- 1984 Academy Awards - 1984 Academy Awards The 1984 Academy Awards were presented March 25, 1985 at the Dorothy Chandler ...