Passion of Mind
|Writers:||Ron Bass, David Field|
|Paramount Classics; PG-13; 112 minutes|
|Cast:||Demi Moore, Stellan Skarsgard, Will Fichtner|
Doubled Demi Moores: one successful yet discontent in southern France, the other successful yet discontent in uptown Manhattan. It's a frightening prospect. When one persona goes to sleep, the other wakes up, so to speak, and Marie/Marty (Demi Moore) is left increasingly confused as to which life is reality, which suitor is golden and not a flitting play of the synapses. Sounds like art-film material, which is why French director Alain Berliner's decision to star Moore in the undersophisticated Passion of Mind is cryptic at best.
Romance woes trouble the hearts of Moore's character, and her world is boiled down to the choice between the well-to-do French writer (Stellan Skarsgard) and the well-to-do American businessman (Will Fichtner). The threat of sleepwalking seems more real to the actors than the characters they're trying to evoke.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Passion of Mind from Infoplease:
- A. S. Byatt - Byatt, A. S. Byatt, A. S. (Antonia Susan Byatt), 1936–, British novelist; sister of Margaret ...
- The Physician Is Afraid - I OBSERVE the physician with the same diligence as he the disease; I see he fears, and I fear with him; I overtake him, I overrun him, in his fear, an
- William Shakespeare: Pericles, Act I, Scene II - Let none disturb us.— Why should this change of thoughts, The sad companion, dull-eyed melancholy, Be my so used a guest as not an hour, In the day's
- Centinel IV - That the present Confederation is inadequate to the objects of the Union seems to be universally allowed. The only question is—What additional powers
- Notes on Queen Mab - The Complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelleyby Percy Bysshe Shelley 9 NOTE ON QUEEN MAB, BY ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring