|Columbia Pictures; PG-13; 113 minutes|
|Cast:||Amanda Schull, Ethan Stiefel, Zoe Saldana|
Center Stage leaps around the lives of a fictional New York City ballet program. The girl in the middle of it all is Jody (Amanda Schull), whose cuteness compensates for her slight lack of grace. She's the object of dance stud Cooper's (acclaimed dancer Ethan Stiefel) attentions. Jody befriends a tough-but-talented token underprivileged black dancer (Zoe Saldana). There is also a token bulimic girl, gay dancer, and a host of others who generally move better than they act. Cliches and thematic narrowness notwithstanding, Center Stage isn't that bad. Non-dance fans may not be motivated to attend, but if they do, they might not be disappointed.
More on Center Stage from Infoplease:
- Center Stage - Starring Peter Gallagher, Amanda Schull, Donna Murphy, Zoe Saldana, Susan May Pratt
- U.S. News 2009, Year in Review: Health-Care Reform Takes Center Stage in Congress - An overview of the health-care reform debate in Congress
- Neckties Through the Ages—Knotty Questions - 2,000 Years of the Necktie Knotty Questions by David Johnson Neckties Through the Ages Introduction ...
- Zoe Saldana - Biography of Zoe Saldana, Uhura in the new Star Trek and Neytiri in Avatar
- The Metropolitan Opera: Ernani Encore - Starring Angela Meade, Salvatore Licitra, Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Ferruccio Furlanetto