|Monday 9:00–10:00 p.m.|
With the 1950s game-show scandal that rocked the television industry now more than 40 years in the past, Americans have proven ready and eager to put their trust back into prime-time game shows. NBC, CBS, and Fox have scrambled to put forth rivals to ABC's ratings phenom Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Twenty One replicates the concept of the original, with two contestants, seated in isolation booths, selecting the level of difficulty of the questions within a pre-announced category. The questions are worth from one to eleven points. The first person to score 21 points wins. The winner keeps playing until he or she is defeated.
More on Twenty One from Infoplease:
- Twenty-one Demands - Twenty-one Demands Twenty-one Demands (1915), instrument by which Japan secured temporary hegemony ...
- blackjack - blackjack blackjack, one of the world's most widely played gambling card games; also known as ...
- twenty-one: meaning and definitions - twenty-one: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hoaxes - Media - Media Myths by Beth Rowen War of the Worlds Known for his flair for the dramatic, Orson Welles, ...
- twenty-one - twenty-one: twenty-one: see blackjack.