The Green Mile
|Castle Rock/Warner Bros.; R; 180 minutes|
|Cast:||Tom Hanks, David Morse, Michael Clarke Duncan|
|Based on the serial novel by Stephen King|
The Green Mile centers around a magic black simpleton (Michael Clarke Duncan) who's afraid of the dark, endowed with healing powers, gigantic in stature, and the alleged possessor of a malevolent, engorged libido. He's one of several inmates condemned to walk death row's green mile in this prison drama. Tom Hanks as the prison superintendent struggles to add honor to this blackface farce about mortality, prejudice, and criminality in 1930s deep South, where the only nonwhite character is a flatly symbolic idiot-savant of extraordinary proportions who bonds instantly with a rodent named Mr. Jingles. The crudely simplistic situation is extended for three hours, giving the audience more than enough time to contemplate the horrors of imprisonment.
More on Green Mile from Infoplease:
- Academy Awards | Oscar winners, features, Links, and Fun Stuff - Find information about Academy Award nominees and winners past and present. Try Oscar quizzes and games, read Oscar timelines, and get informed about award-winnng films.
- The Green Mile - Starring Tom Hanks, Michael Clarke Duncan, David Morse, James Cromwell, Bonnie Hunt
- 1999 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards - 1999 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards Best Picture: American Beauty Best Actor: Russell ...
- Sam Rockwell - Biography of Sam Rockwell, Star of the 2009 sci-fi film Moon
- 1999 Academy Awards - 1999 Academy Awards The 1999 Academy Awards were presented March 26, 2000 at the Los Angeles Shrine ...