Friends and Lovers
|Director/Writer: ||George Haas|
|Lions Gate Film; R; 113 minutes|
|Cast: ||Stephen Baldwin, Danny Nucci, George Newbern, Alison Eastwood, Claudia Schiffer, Robert Downey, Jr.|
Friends and Lovers is a blithe comedy that derives its shallow soul from television's Friends. A group of twentysomethings head to the mountains of Utah for a weekend of sexual titterings and tepid humor. Maybe the movie wouldn't seem so stale if it were only 30 minutes long and sported several commercial interruptions. Maybe it would. There's the gay virgin (Danny Nucci), the innocent model wannabe (Claudia Schiffer) and her droll beefcake (Stephen Baldwin), the estranged son (George Newbern), whose father is hosting this sitcom-cum-cinema, and a handful of other neo-yuppie forgettables. Robert Downey, Jr.'s hearty performance as a questionably German ski instructor with a romantic interest in Schiffer's character warms up Friends and Lovers' Sno-Cone mush.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Friends and Lovers from Infoplease:
- Robert Graves: When I'm Killed - When I'm killed, don't think of me Buried there in Cambrin Wood, Nor as in Zion think of me With the Intolerable Good. And there's one thing that I kn
- Walt Whitman: I Saw in Louisiana a Live-Oak Growing - I saw in Louisiana a live-oak growing, All alone stood it and the moss hung down from the branches, Without any companion it grew there uttering joyou
- Walt Whitman: Recorders Ages Hence - Recorders ages hence, Come, I will take you down underneath this impassive exterior, I will tell you what to say of me, Publish my name and hang up my
- Death - The Complete Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelleyby Percy Bysshe Shelley Lines Otho Death ...
- Classical Mythology: The Final Battles - Classical Mythology figure Achilles returns to battle in the Trojan War after offering Patroclus his battlegear and is killed.