|Sony; PG-13; 100 minutes|
|Cast: ||Miguel Angel Sola, Cecilia Narova, Mia Maestro and Juan Carlos Copes|
Tango is a film about a filmmaker making a film about the tango. What sounds like postmodern tautology is in fact rather beautiful. The Latin American dance has been deemed “the vertical expression of horizontal desire,” and director of photography Vittorio Storaro understands that. Just as surely, Spanish writer-director Carlos Suara evokes the tango with startling range of expressivity, from scenes of children clumsily learning the basics to politically themed group choreographies. This movie should enthrall dance lovers and convert the uninitiated. Plot? Tango is the plot.
More on Tango from Infoplease:
- tango: meaning and definitions - tango: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tango - Starring Miguel Angel Sola, Cecilia Narova, Mia Maestro, Juan Carlos Copes, Julio Bocca
- The Tango Lesson - The Tango Lesson Director/Writer: Sally Potter Director of Photography: Robby Müller Editor: ...
- The Tango Lesson - Starring Sally Potter, Pablo Veron, Géraldine Maillet, Katerina Mechera, David Toole
- The Rashevski Tango - Starring Hippolyte Girardot