|Phoenix Pictures and TriStar; R; 100 minutes|
|Cast:||Ian McKellen, Brad Renfro, Bruce Davison, Elias Koteas, Joe Morton and David Schwimmer|
|Based on the short story by Stephen King|
While much of the blood-curdling violence has been cleansed from Stephen King's novella, director Singer has managed to capture all of the psychological horror in this character study. Todd Bowden (Renfro) becomes fascinated with the Holocaust after studying World War II in school. He discovers that a former SS officer, Kurt Dussander (McKellan) is living in anonymity and seclusion in his town. Todd tracks down the man and blackmails him, threatening to go to the authorities unless he relate the atrocities of the death camps to him in excruciating detail. The sessions turn diabolically evil as Todd absorbs the evil that is unleashed from Dussander.
More on Apt Pupil from Infoplease:
- Apt Pupil - Starring Ian McKellen, Brad Fenfro, Bruce Davison, Elias Koteas, Joe Morton
- apt: meaning and definitions - apt: Definition and Pronunciation
- Brad Renfro - Biography of Brad Renfro, Former child actor who co-starred with Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones in the 1994 legal thriller “The Client.” Joel Schumacher, director…
- 1998 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards - 1998 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards Best Picture: Saving Private Ryan Best Actor: Ian ...
- Louisa May Alcott: In the Willow - The old tree saw and heard a good many little scenes and confidences that summer, because it became the favorite retreat of all the children, and the