What Dreams May Come
|Polygram Filmed Entertainment; PG-13; 106 minutes|
|Cast:||Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr., Annabella Sciorra, Max von Sydow, Jessica Brooks Grant and Josh Paddock|
|Based on the novel by Richard Matheson|
The film is worth a look purely for the magnificent, breathtaking visuals. Ward's lushly imagined perception of heaven comes to life in this treacly, New-Age-y tale. When Chris Nielsen (Williams) dies, he finds himself in a psychedelic, otherworldly place that's oddly familiar. His afterlife is set in one of his wife's (Sciorra) rich, gothic paintings. Back on earth, his wife, Annie, is devastated, having already lost her two children in a car accident, and commits suicide. She's condemned to hell for her sin. Chris enlists the help of the Trekker (von Sydow) to rescue Annie from damnation. While there's very little theology in the film, it's rich in metaphysical mysticism.
More on What Dreams May Come from Infoplease:
- What Dreams May Come - Starring Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr., Max von Sydow, Jessica Brooks, Annabella Sciorra
- Richard Matheson - Biography of Richard Matheson, The author of I Am Legend
- 1998 Academy Awards - 1998 Academy Awards The 1998 Academy Awards were presented March 21, 1999 at the Dorothy Chandler ...
- Shakespeare Quotes: Tragedies - Shakespeare Quotes: Tragedies Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears William Shakespeare ...
- William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Act III - And can you, by no drift of circumstance, Get from him why he puts on this confusion, Grating so harshly all his days of quiet With turbulent and dang