|Fine Line; R; 87 minutes|
|Cast:||Edward Furlong, Christina Ricci, Martha Plimpton, Brendan Sexton III, Lauren Hulsey, Mary Kay Place and Lili Taylor|
Waters fans will be disappointed to find that there are no peckers to be found in the film. The pecker of the title is not a body part; it's a young Baltimore photographer (Furlong), so named because of his bird-like eating habits. Pecker takes photos of the city's colorful innercity dwellers, from beauticians to lesbian strippers. He's discovered by a New York gallery owner (Taylor) and quickly becomes the flavor of the month. Pecker's fall is as quick as his ascent. Waters' sanctimonious message about New York being full of phonies plays out too overtly and comes at the expense of laughs.
More on Pecker from Infoplease:
- Pecker - Starring Edward Furlong, Christina Ricci, Martha Plimpton, Lili Taylor, Brendan Sexton III
- pecker: meaning and definitions - pecker: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pecker - Pecker Keep your pecker up. As the mouth is in the head, pecker (the mouth) means the head; and to ...
- 1998 National Board of Review Awards - 1998 National Board of Review Awards The National Board of Review includes teachers, actors, ...
- Christina Ricci - Biography of Christina Ricci, Wednesday in the Addams Family movies