Henny Youngman (Henry Youngman)
Birthplace: London, England
King of the one-liner, Youngman was best known for his line, “Take my wife…please! ” In reality, he and wife Sadie Cohen were married for nearly 60 years. Youngman was first a standup comedian, but acted in several movies, often playing himself as in GoodFellas (1990), his last movie appearance. He hosted the 1955 TV series, The Henny and Rocky Show.Died: 2/24/1998
More on Henny Youngman from Infoplease:
- Henny Youngman - Biography of Henny Youngman, The comedian who said "Take my wife -- please!"
- Henny Youngman - Henny Youngman Age: 91 King of the One-Liners, Youngman was known for his simple rapid-fire jokes, ...
- R - Z - R - Z Ellis Rabb Eddie Rabbitt Earl M. Ramer Jennings Randolph James Earl Ray Gene Raymond Bebe ...
- Selected Biographies: Y - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters
- Silent Movie - Starring Mel Brooks, Marty Feldman, Marty Feldman, Bernadette Peters, Sid Caesar