I Went Down
|Director of Photography:||Cian de Buitléar|
|Production Designer:||Zoe MacLeod|
|Buena Vista International; R; 107 minutes|
|Cast:||Brendan Gleeson, Peter McDonald, Tony Doyle, Peter Caffrey, Antoine Byrne, David Wilmot, Michael McElhatton and Joe Gallagher |
The highest-grossing independent Irish movie of all time, Breathnach's comedy about an unlikely pair of reluctant crooks is witty but lacks energy. Two unlucky blokes, Git (McDonald) and Bunny Kelly (Gleeson), end up involved with a group of gangsters. A Dublin crime boss (Doyle) suckers them into doing a job that includes kidnapping talkative thug Frank Grogan (Caffrey), who almost drives Git and Kelly mad with his incessant jabbering.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on I Went Down from Infoplease:
- I Went Down - Starring Brendan Gleeson, Peter McDonald, Peter Caffrey, Tony Doyle, Antoine Byrne
- 1998 Boston Society of Film Critics Awards - 1998 Boston Society of Film Critics Awards Best Picture Out of Sight Best Actor Brendan Gleeson, ...
- November 2, 1804 - The Journals of Lewis and Clarkby Meriwether Lewis and William Clark November 1, 1804 November 3, ...
- November 22, 1804 - The Journals of Lewis and Clarkby Meriwether Lewis and William Clark November 21, 1804 November 23, ...
- Christina Rossetti: Last Night - Where were you last night? I watched at the gate; I went down early, I stayed down late. Were you snug at home, I should like to know, Or were you in