|Director:||Daisy von Scherler Mayer|
|Writers:||Malia Scotch Marmo, Mark Levin and Jennifer Flackett|
|Director of Photography:||Pierre Aim|
|Production Designer:||Hugo Luczyc-Wyhowski|
|Producers:||Stanley R. Jaffe, Saul Cooper, Pancho Kohner and Allyn Stewart |
|TriStar Pictures: PG; 105 minutes|
|Cast:||Hatty Jones, Frances McDormand, Nigel Hawthorne|
|Based on the Ludwig Bemelmans children's books|
Newcomer Hatty Jones makes a sunny, insouciant Madeline in this adaptation of Ludwig Bemelmans's classic picture books. Still, the patchwork plot has a harried, episodic feel and lacks the appropriate European flair. In all, von Scherler Mayer may have found her girl in Jones, but the film's clunky structure is one fix even our courageous heroine can't undo.
More on Madeline from Infoplease:
- Madeline - Starring Frances McDormand, Nigel Hawthorne, Hatty Jones, Ben Daniels, Arturo Venegas
- The Panama Canal - The Panama Canal After a century of operation, the U.S. is returning the Panama Canal to its ...
- House of Usher (1960) - Starring Vincent Price, Mark Damon, Myrna Fahey, Harry Ellerbe, Eleanor LeFaber
- Apostle Islands - Apostle Islands Apostle Islands, group of more than 20 wooded islands, in Lake Superior, off N Wis. ...
- Junebug - Starring Amy Adams, Amy Barefoot, Matt Besser, Beth Bostic, Embeth Davidtz