Cecil B. DeMilledirector, producer, screenwriter
Birthplace: Ashfield, Massachusetts
An innovative and influential figure in the development of Hollywood filmmaking, he is best known for his big budget epic films, including The Ten Commandments (1923), King of Kings (1927), Cleopatra (1934), The Crusades (1935), and The Greatest Show on Earth (1952), which won an Academy Award for Best Picture. Died: 1/21/1959
More on Cecil B DeMille from Infoplease:
- de Mille: meaning and definitions - de Mille: Definition and Pronunciation
- Samuel Goldwyn - Samuel Goldwyn (Samuel Goldfish) film producer Born: 7/1879 Birthplace: Warsaw, Poland After ...
- The Greatest Show on Earth - Starring Betty Hutton, Cornel Wilde, Charlton Heston, Dorothy Lamour, Gloria Grahame
- 1997 Golden Globe Awards - 1997 Golden Globe Awards Best Drama: Titanic Best Actor in a Drama: Peter Fonda, Ulee's Gold ...
- The King of Kings (1927) - Starring H.B. Warner, Ernest Torrence, Dorothy Cumming, Joseph Schildkraut, James Neill