Darius Ruckermusician, singer, songwriter,
Birthplace: Charleston, South Carolina
The lead singer and guitarist for Hootie & The Blowfish, he met fellow band members while attending the University of South Carolina. After playing at fraternity parties for several years, Rucker and the band started touring, which helped them gain recognition and a record contract. Rucker's mellifluous voice lead the band to commercial success in the early 1990s, with songs like “Hold My Hand” and “Let Her Cry”. He released a solo album, Back to Then, in 2002.
More on Darius Rucker from Infoplease:
- Hootie & the Blowfish - Hootie & the Blowfish rock group With the release of 1994's Cracked Rear View, which ...
- Black Musicians - Notable African-American Musicians Bessie Smith Aaliyah, singer and actress Julian ...
- Black Musicians - The following list includes African-American singers, composers, rappers, pianists, and other musicians who have contributed to the world of music, including Count Basie, Akon, Natalie Cole, Missy Elliot, Duke Ellington, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, and more.
- Biographies of Famous African Americans - Read biographies of notable african-americans.
- Selected Biographies: R - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters