Al Capp(Alfred Gerald Caplin)
Birthplace: New Haven, Connecticut
Capp's most famous creation was the comic strip, Li'l Abner (1934–77), which detailed the adventures of Abner Yokum, Daisy Mae, and the other denizens of the fictional town of Dogpatch, Kentucky. This popular strip inspired two films, a musical, and an animated series. During World War II, Capp also drew Private Li'l Abner Infantry, for Infantry Journal. Died: 11/5/1979
More on Al Capp from Infoplease:
- Capp: meaning and definitions - Capp: Definition and Pronunciation
- Biographies of Animated Characters and their Creators - Biographies of Animated Characters and their Creators Spiderman, SpongeBob, Matt Groening, Walt ...
- comic strip: Ideological Slants - Ideological Slants Some comic strips have proved effective vehicles for political messages: Little ...
- September 28 Birthdays: Michelangelo Caravaggio - September 28 birthdays: Michelangelo Caravaggio, Marcello Mastroianni, Avery Brundage, Georges Clemenceau, Alice Marble, Ed Sullivan, Al Capp, Brigitte Bardot
- Selected Biographies: C - Selected biographies of well-known people and fictional characters