Robert Palmerrock musician
Birthplace: Batley, England
Veteran of a number of British rock groups including, Palmer joined forces with members of Duran Duran to form Power Station (1984–86) before again going solo. His perhaps best-known song is “Addicted to Love” (1986), from the album Riptide (1986). Other hits include “Simply Irresistible” (1988) and “Bad Case of Lovin' You” (1979). An elegant dresser with eclectic musical tastes, Palmer has been influenced by reggae, world music, and electronic effects. Died: Paris, France, 9/26/2003
More on Robert Palmer from Infoplease:
- Robert Palmer - Robert Palmer music critic, historian, musician, producer One of the country's premier music ...
- Robert Palmer - Robert Palmer Age: 54 dapper rock musician who played with several British rock groups before ...
- M - Q - M - Q Lester Maddox Clark MacGregor Herbie Mann Luis Marden Burke Marshall Carol Matthau Bill ...
- Classics of Blues Literature - Find a list of recommended books about blues music and artists from authors Peter Guralnick, Alan Lomax, and Robert Palmer
- David (Junior) Kimbrough - David (Junior) Kimbrough blues musician Mississippi blues musician featured in Deep Blues, a ...