Oscar De La Rentafashion designer
Birthplace: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
An internationally acclaimed fashion design known for his lines of women's day wear and evening gowns. He worked at the Parisian house of Lanvin-Castille in 1961 before moving to Elizabeth Arden in New York City two years later. In 1965 he started his own company and has become a major figure in fashion and celebrity circles.
More on Oscar De La Renta from Infoplease:
- de la Renta: meaning and definitions - de la Renta: Definition and Pronunciation
- Oscar de La Renta - de La Renta, Oscar de La Renta, Oscar , 1932–, French fashion designer, b. Santo Domingo, ...
- D - F - D - F David Dale Marcus Daly Thomas Danforth Herbert Joseph Davenport Edward Davy Charles Gates ...
- Biographies of Notable U.S. Immigrants - Biographies of Notable U.S. Immigrants
- July 22 Birthdays: Gregor Mendel - July 22 birthdays: Gregor Mendel, Amy Vanderbilt, Oscar de la Renta, Emma Lazarus, Stephen Vincent Benét, Alexander Calder, Edward Hopper