Ray Bolgerdancer, actor
Birthplace: Dorchester, Massachusetts
A popular entertainer who appeared on film in numerous musicals, including Sweethearts (1938), The Harvey Girls (1945), Look For the Silver Lining (1949), and April in Paris (1952), he is perhaps best remembered for playing the role of Hunk/the Scarecrow in 1939's Wizard of Oz.Died: 1/15/1987
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Ray Bolger from Infoplease:
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz | Anniversary - Oz Anniversary The wonderful wizard turned 100 in April 2000 Source: The Library of Congress An ...
- 1949 Tony Awards - 1949 Tony Awards Play Death of a Salesman Musical Kiss Me Kate Actor—Play Rex Harrison, Anne ...
- The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience - Starring Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Jack Haley, Bert Lahr
- Babes in Toyland (1961) - Starring Ray Bolger, Tommy Sands, Annette Funicello, Ed Wynn, Tommy Kirk
- The Wizard of Oz (1939) - The Wizard of Oz (1939) Director: Victor Fleming Cast: Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Jack Haley, Bert ...