Julia Child(Julia McWilliams)
chef and PBS personality
Birthplace: Pasadena, California
As host of the Emmy Award-winning educational cooking show, The French Chef, Child became a celebrity known as much for her wit as her skills in the kitchen. She studied at the Cordon Bleu in Paris and co-wrote the now classic Mastering the Art of French Cooking (1961–70). Died: Aug. 13, 2004
More on Julia Child from Infoplease:
- Julia Child - Julia Child Age: 91 Emmy Award–winning chef and television personality whose breezy style ...
- Julia Child - Biography of Julia Child, The popular chef who wrote Mastering the Art of French Cooking
- Julia Child - Child, Julia Child, Julia, 1912–2004, American cooking teacher, author, and television ...
- William A. Koshland - William A. Koshland publishing executive Koshland served as president and chairman of the Alfred A. ...
- 1980 National Book Awards - 1980 National Book Awards Autobiography Hardcover Lauren Bacall by Myself, Lauren Bacall Paperback ...