Josephine Bakersinger, dancer
Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri
African-American expatriate jazz singer who got her start on the Harlem stage and later appeared on Broadway and throughout Europe. Known for her exoticism, she was at one time the highest-paid entertainer of the continent and also appeared in several films, notably Zou Zou (1934).Died: 4/12/1975
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Josephine Baker from Infoplease:
- Josephine Baker - Biography of Josephine Baker, The African-American singer and dancer who embraced Paris
- Josephine Baker - Baker, Josephine Baker, Josephine, 1906–75, African-American dancer and singer, b. St. Louis, ...
- baker: meaning and definitions - baker: Definition and Pronunciation
- Princess Tam Tam - Starring Josephine Baker, Albert Préjean, Robert Arnoux, Germaine Aussey, Georges Péclet
- 1990–1991 Emmy Awards - 1990–1991 Emmy Awards Outstanding Drama Series L.A. Law (NBC) Outstanding Lead Actor in a ...