Edgar Bergen(Edgar Bergren)
A vaudeville performer with a popular night-club act, Bergen, with his sidekick/dummy, Charlie McCarthy, became one of the top radio, television, and film performers of the 1930s. He continued an active entertainment career as host of the 1950s quiz show, Do You Trust Your Wife? and with a variety of movie roles ranging from I Remember Mama (1948) to The Muppet Movie (1979). Actress Candice Bergen is his daughter.Died: 9/30/1978
More on Edgar Bergen from Infoplease:
- Bergen: meaning and definitions - Bergen: Definition and Pronunciation
- vaudeville - vaudeville vaudeville , originally a light song, derived from the drinking and love songs formerly ...
- Candice Bergen - Candice Bergen actress Born: 5/9/1946 Birthplace: Beverly Hills, California Emmy Award-winning ...
- Top News Stories from 1937 - News stories covering international, U.S., science, financial, entertainment & sports events from 1937. Includes basic U.S., world & economic statistics and links to detailed statistical data
- Showbiz Moms - Showbiz Moms When mom's a movie star, the kids are likely to follow by Christine Frantz, Elaine ...