Oscar and Lucinda
|Director:|| Gillian Armstrong|
|Writer:|| Laura Jones|
|Director of Photography:||Geoffrey Simpson|
|Production Designer:||Luciana Arrighi|
|Producers:||Robin Dalton and Timothy White|
|Fox Searchlight; R; 131 minutes|
|Cast:||Ralph Fiennes, Cate Blanchett, Ciaran Hinds and Tom Wilkinson|
|Based on the novel by Peter Carey|
A quaint film with one of the most offbeat plots in recent memory, Oscar and Lucinda works on many levels — visual, metaphysical, spiritual. Its main flaw lies in the script, which is burdened with in-your-face symbolism. Shy Oscar Hopkins (Fiennes) sacrifices a career as a clergyman for his gambling habit. He finds a soulmate in spunky Lucinda Leplastrier (Blanchett), an heiress who's obsessed with glass and gambling. Their ultimate roll of the dice comes when Oscar tries to deliver a fragile glass church across Australia to a friend of Lucinda's (Hinds).
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Oscar and Lucinda from Infoplease:
- Oscar and Lucinda - Starring Ralph Fiennes, Cate Blanchett, Tom Wilkinson, Clive Russell, Ciaran Hinds
- Tom Wilkinson - Tom Wilkinson actor Birthplace: Leeds, England British character actor who long acted in supporting ...
- Cate Blanchett - Biography of Cate Blanchett, Galadriel in the Lord of the Rings movies
- Best of the Booker Award - Best of the Booker Awards since 1969.|Celebrating 40 years of the Man Booker Prize
- Peter Carey - Carey, Peter Carey, Peter, 1943–, Australian novelist, b. near Melbourne. Carey's ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring