|Director:|| Michael Caton-Jones|
|Writer:|| Chuck Pfarrer|
|Director of Photography:||Karl Walter Lindenlaub|
|Production Designer:||Michael White|
|Producers:||James Jacks, Sean Daniels, Michael Caton-Jones and Kevin Jarre|
|Universal; R; 123 minutes|
|Cast:||Bruce Willis, Richard Gere, Sidney Poitier, Diane Venora, Mathilda May, J.K. Simmons and Jack Black|
A loose, souped-up adaptation of the taut 1973 political thriller The Day of the Jackal. Willis dons several ludicrous disguises as the wily assassin-for-hire, this time contracted by Russian terrorists to rub out the director of the FBI. The dashing Poitier is the FBI agent stalking him, with the help of an IRA operative (Gere, sounding like the Lucky Charms leprechaun) and a cool-as-vodka Russian intelligence officer (Venora). Despite the star power, high-tech gadgetry and breathless pacing, this Jackal can't rise above a patchy plot and stop-and-start suspense.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Jackal from Infoplease:
- jackal - jackal jackal, name for several Old World carnivorous mammals of the genus Canis, which also ...
- The Jackal - Starring Sidney Poitier, Diane Venora, Bruce Willis, Richard Gere
- jackal: meaning and definitions - jackal: Definition and Pronunciation
- December 1997 - December 1997 1997 News Month-By-Month World Turkey Sentences 33 in Mob Attack (Dec. 2): Court ...
- The Day of the Jackal - Starring Edward Fox, Terence Alexander, Michel Auclair, Alan Badel, Tony Britton