|Director/Writer:|| Woody Allen|
|Director of Photography:||Carlo diPalma|
|Editor:||Susan E. Morse|
|Production Designer:||Santo Loquasto|
|Fine Line; R; 93 minutes|
|Cast:||Caroline Aaron, Woody Allen, Kirstie Alley, Richard Benjamin, Billy Crystal, Judy Davis, Hazelle Goodman, Mariel Hemingway, Amy Irving, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Tobey Maguire, Demi Moore, Elisabeth Shue and Robin Williams|
It's that time of year, with only days left in 1997, along comes Allen's annual film, just in time to qualify for Oscar consideration. Deconstructing Harry is a long overdue, self-deprecating film that casts a critical, yet comical, eye on the director's narcissism. Harry Block (Allen) cares much more about his novels than he does himself or his loved ones. He has no problem basing his books on his failed relationships (he has no successful ones), though he doesn't bother to fictionalize enough to disguise upon whom the books are based. The film alternates between real life and scenes played out from Harry's books, each venomously hilarious. Allen's writing is his best to date, with caustic one-liners that reveal much bitterness.
More on Deconstructing Harry from Infoplease:
- Deconstructing Harry - Deconstructing Harry New Line; rental pricing Feature; R Director: Woody Allen Cast: Woody Allen, ...
- Deconstructing Harry - Starring Woody Allen, Kirstie Alley, Demi Moore, Robin Williams, Elisabeth Shue
- Tobey Maguire - Biography of Tobey Maguire, Spider-Man in the movies
- Judy Davis - Judy Davis actress Born: 4/23/1955 Birthplace: Perth, Australia A comic and dramatic actress, she ...
- Elisabeth Shue - Elisabeth Shue actress Born: 10/6/1963 Birthplace: Wilmington, Delaware Actress who got her start ...