Seven Years in Tibet
|Director:|| Jean-Jacques Annaud|
|Writer:|| Becky Johnston|
|Director of Photography:||Robert Fraisse|
|Production Designer:||At Hoang|
|Producers:||Jean-Jacques Annaud, John H. Williams and Iain Smith|
|TriStar; PG-13; 134 minutes|
|Cast:||Brad Pitt, David Thewlis, B.D. Wong, Mako, Danny Denzongpa, Victor Wong, Ingeborga Dapkunaite, Jamyang Jamtsho Wangchuk, Lhakpa Tsamchoe and Jetsun Pema|
|Based on the book by Heinrich Harrer|
As we all know by now, Heinrich Harrer was an elite member of Hitler's SS (before World War II) who abandoned his wife and unborn child in Austria to climb mountains in the Himalayas. He was also an arrogant, selfish son of a bitch, as if that needs to be said. After escaping British imprisonment, Harrer (Pitt) and fellow mountaineer Peter Aufschnaiter (Thewlis) trek up to the Tibetan city of Lhasa, where they meet the young Dalai Lama (Wangchuk). Under the spiritual guidance of the Dalai Lama, Harrer begins to mellow and take responsibility for his injudicious decisions. Though Pitt is adequate in the film (except for the German accent he butchers), the real stars of the film are the visually stunning, lush scenery (thanks in no small part to cinematographer Fraisse) and the Tibetan people, whose plight at the hands of the Chinese army is thoughtfully portrayed.
Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.
More on Seven Years in Tibet from Infoplease:
- Seven Years in Tibet - Starring Brad Pitt, B.D. Wong, David Thewlis, Mako, Danny Denzongpa
- Heinrich Harrer - Heinrich Harrer Age: 93 Austrian explorer whose adventures include making the first ascent of the ...
- Helena Petrovna Blavatsky - Blavatsky, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, Helena Petrovna , 1831–91, Russian theosophist and ...
- Jean-Jacques Annaud - Jean-Jacques Annaud director, screenwriter Born: 10/1/1943 Birthplace: Draveil, France Known ...
- Brad Pitt - Biography of Brad Pitt, The star of Fight Club and Moneyball
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring